Gossamer Blue | May kit, "Pink Blossoms"...

Hello again friends, I have another layout share for you today... and boy, are you going to love the kit contents from Gossamer Blue's May kits. holy WOW!

Cobalt blue and dark pink... SWOON! I couldn't resist pairing these two colors together to complete my page. I wanted to use the entire sheet of cardstock but wasn't for sure how I was going to do so after I had used the vertical frame from the digital files. Alas, I figured, how cool would it be to have the title peaking through the negative space I cut out. And so I did. No, it's not an intervention, but I like when I can create a page without wasting paper, utilizing every bit of it as much as I possibly could.


I documented about my three favorite flowers growing in our yard and I how I'm not much of a pink kind of girl, but has grown to love and appreciate the color... blame it all on my little lady ;) I love fresh flowers and how they truly brighten up a room and my mood. Their fresh aroma is refreshing, too. So, I deepened the photo images a bit for a more rich color to closely match the pink title treatment area. Set them behind the vertical frame and added dimension to them with a title banner for each flower. Cut out title with Cameo and lined it up as closely as possible so the patterns matched and added the large teal paper flower to balance out the bit of teal color throughout the page. The page had too much white space, so I filled it in with spots of white paint.... kind of like how artsy it looks with the paint spattered about. Breaks up the dark blue a bit, too.



Happy creating... xo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.