Day in the Life | Tuesday, May 12th...

So, for years, I've been participating in the annual day in the life project, curated by Ali Edwards (you can read more about it here). It's a really cool and fun project to participate in, especially if you enjoy documenting life with your camera. I don't use my camera as much as I used to, unless I am photographing product. So, this project helps get back into the swing of things, until I fall off the wagon, of course. I mainly used my big 60D camera. It was nice to walk around capturing different parts of our day with the beast. Not a lot of photos snapped, maybe over 100; just enough to tell our story for that day.

Tuesday's are my Mondays, because on Monday's I'm at the flower shop for a couple of hours and then I tend to run errands or schedule appts on that day since I'm already out of the house. So, I look forward to spending countless hours at my workbench working on orders or new product. This week was also extra busy and challenging since the man is out of town for work. Making sure the kids help with extra tasks is great for me, but apparently, not for them. Moods were challenged, during our morning and bedtime routines, but we managed, as usual.

Anyway, here's how our day looked...


I'm up before sunrise, water then coffee and paperwork...


The boy is always buried in his Ipod at breakfast before school...


Off he goes to the bus stop... I stand by our window EVERY DAY watching him walk to the end of the corner, saying a little prayer for his safe journey too school and back home.


I shower, quickly and I'm always admiring the workmanship of our new and bigger shower my husband renovated...


The girl inspects her lunchbox, making sure I put some good eats in there for her...


Nala looking for rabbits, squirrels, birds, you name it, to chase...


Pink grapefruit to snack on while the girl eats...


Waiting for the bus...


So cute that they both are wearing frilly skirts over their leggings...


After kids are off to school, I rummage through emails, orders, phone calls and workout...



Time for a new mask...


I have a set up in our two-car garage, where I work on metalsmithing jewelry. I love being in here. There is plenty of natural light from the window above my work area and the garage door is always propped open for added sunlight and ventilation.


Here, I am cleaning the inside of a stacking ring so it's nice and smooth and shiny.


Punching out lots of tiny hearts on the wooden stump...


I often forget to eat when I work (I do this even when I scrapbook...). I Have to make myself stop for five minutes and fix a salad, soup or sandwich. At this point, I needed a snack and grabbed some plantain chips. I do hydrate with water every chance I get though...


Adding soldering paste to a few pendants before torching them...


Hand forming some dewdrops...


The white pasty stuff is flux, it protects the metal from fire scale...


When I work on my jewelry, I have to listen to new wave music. I'm not sure, but it just keeps me going with the flow of production... and I am always cranking it up when a good tune pops on, like Love is the Drug by Roxy Music...


They boy is home and he often hangs outside while I work and sometimes he will watching what I'm doing if he's not hanging with his friends...


40 minutes later, the girl arrives home and immediately goes to my desk and plays with my stuff...


Again, head in his Ipod while we had to swim...


That bag of popcorn has been in the suv for a week now... curious when they plan on removing it, sigh!


It's swim practice for the girl... she LOVES it and her couch is awesome!!!



After swim, we snacked on seaweed...


My two lefties drawing instead of homework while I cook...


Dinner needed to be quick, so steamed muscles with pasta (I had edamame & mung bean fettuccine stead of pasta)...


Smores for dessert for the littles...



Kids read books and went to sleep soon afterwards...



Cleaned up the brass jewels and removed silver pieces from the tumbler...


Labeled envelopes, laid it all out so all I have to do the following morning is piece together, package and ship...

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into our daily life on Tuesday... xo!

9 comments:

  1. I found your blog on Ali's website. It was fun reading about your day making jewelry and mentally comparing the similarities and differences in our days. :) I am a teacher and hope to document our day before the end of the year, but it adds an interesting layer of complication to an already jam-packed day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!
      I couldn't agree w/ you more! It was fun, yet challenging trying to accomplish documenting the days through the camera. I hope you get the chance to document your day, it is really cool to go back to those moments, even years from now. xo!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Amy!
      I couldn't agree w/ you more! It was fun, yet challenging trying to accomplish documenting the days through the camera. I hope you get the chance to document your day, it is really cool to go back to those moments, even years from now. xo!

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful to capture your life in pictures. I have done Week in the Life for the past 6 years and will have to do a Day in the Life next time Ali does it. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy... ya know, I LOVE your blog. I follow (never comment, bad me) you and really enjoy your life images you share. so inspiring! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Kathy... ya know, I LOVE your blog. I follow (never comment, bad me) you and really enjoy your life images you share. so inspiring! :)

      Delete
  3. You have such an interesting hobby/business. Thanks for sharing and your pieces are beautiful.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.