food | weekend cooking...

over the weekend, i made a few favorites meals but w/ a twist... i'm always pinning recipes on Pinterest, but i rarely make any of it... so, it's time i start! my goal is to make one or more items from my foodie board and anything else i pin in the near future and once i've tried it, move it over to my new foods we tried & loved board..



absolutely delectable... the family LOVED it, which made me happy. to make this i did substitute the milk in the icing with Coconut Milk, since my girl is lactose intolerant... and instead of using 6 cups of white flour, i split it & and other 3 cups i used an organic sprouted whole wheat flour and it turned out yum. i've not told the family the difference, b/c i wanted them to tell me the truth. the man is in the kitchen, as i type, eating a few slices :D


for Sunday's dinner, we enjoyed a new pork dish... the look on my sons face while devouring his portion was priceless. it's a great feeling when your family loves something that you've made. i was super happy and know that this main dish will not be a stranger on our menu and the man grilled it to perfection... it truly was outstanding! my marinade wasn't as pasty as shown on the website. more liquid, which i didn't mind. i actually preferred the extra liquid for a juicer marinade...

xo...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.